lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmissions and duplicate ACKs

From: dii
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP retransmissions and duplicate ACKs
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:02:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the lead.

I checked my driver setup and found that the transmit threshold was left at
the default of 64. But then I also read in the processor reference that the
threshold is not used in store-and-forward mode, which is what I use for
checksum offloading. In store-and-forward mode, transmission starts as soon
as a full frame resides in the Transmit FIFO (MCU dedicated 2kB). It gets
there through a DMA transfer. The MAC expects full frames, and that is what
the ethernet driver sets up, and that is what the netif_low_level_output()
passes to the ethernet driver... So that all looks fine to me.

Going to add some code to try to trace lwip ACK generation through to the
MAC...