lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP for safety applications

From: Johan Englund
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP for safety applications
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:31:09 +0200

On 2013-06-25 08:23, FreeRTOS Info wrote:
Hi,
Hello - I will provide my opinion from my experience working in the aero
space industry, and later in 61508 certification for SafeRTOS...but it
is just opinion.  What you need to do is talk to your certification body
about your plans up front, before you do anything, to get their buy in
to your approach.

Thank you very much for the valuable input. We are going for a minimalistic bareboard approach with very sparse IRQ use, lwIP is polled only. No OS. lwIP and the startup files will be the only code we do not write ourselves.

FYI, we are indeed going for SIL3 and we are using the "SIL3 capable" MCU MPC5675K from Freescale, very beautiful imho.

We are having a meeting with our assessors this week to discuss our design solutions so we'll see where we end up.

Johan