lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Interface with PPPoE and DHCP?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Interface with PPPoE and DHCP?
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:33:39 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Some devices are connected to a network, using DHCP to get an IP address. Other devices are setup for standalone use and are directly connected to a local laptop for maintenence. In both cases I want to use the same ethernet connetion with the same software.

Ehrm, what exactly does this have to do with PPPoE? I don't think I understand this...

Anyway, we also have built a scan-and-config tool that can talk to misconfigured devices or devices that don't have an IP yet. I don't think AutoIP takes too long here when used in together with DHCP, but our tool even shows the devices before they have an IP address (and you can see the DHCP/AutoIP state).

However, this only works using broadcasts unless the device has a correctly unicast-working  IP address.

Simon