lwip-users

[lwip-users] Timeout implementation (newbie question)

From: Andrea Coccon
Subject: [lwip-users] Timeout implementation (newbie question)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:03:01 +0100

Hi,
I'm new to lwIP and I'm trying to port one of the many samples I found (for lwip 1.3 and FreeRTOS) to lwIP 1.4 ant CTL (CrossWorks Tasking Library i.e. a RTOS for the CrossStudio IDE, made by Rowley).

I'm digging into lwIP source code but I need some help in understanding how the timeout mechanism works.

- When are they decremented?
- Which task launches the callback functions?
- Maybe a task is created for each call to sys_timeout()?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andrea