lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP socket thread safety

From: Shaun Crampton
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP socket thread safety
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:53:50 +0000

Hi,

I'm looking at lwIP for a new project and I'm trying to understand the threading model for the socket-alike API.  Assuming I'm on a preemptive OS (Linux), is it safe to
  • concurrently create multiple sockets in different threads
  • for one single socket, call send in one thread and recv in another thread (to enable duplex communication).
If it's not possible to do duplex communication in that way, is there a way to do it?

If I've read the docs correctly, then I think it's up to my application to stop all threads using the socket before closing it, which is fair enough.

Thanks,

-Shaun