lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP socket receive

From: Fabian Cenedese
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP socket receive
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:42:28 +0100

>You'll have to add a call to bind(). Something like:
>
>if (bind(sockfd, (struct sockaddr*)&addr, sizeof(struct sockaddr)) == -1)
>{
>  perror ("bind");
>  return (-1);
>}
>
>When you don't call  bind(), the socket remains "unnamed" (in BSD-lingo).
>Hence, in lwIP lingo, the socket has "no recv function registered". Makes
>sense?
>
>BTW. It's smarter to clear 'addr' before settting up the rest of it:
> memset (&addr, 0, sizeof(addr));

I did that, I just left out the error handling etc to keep the mail short.

I also tried bind without success. However I have found my error.
Before using sockets I tried raw udp_* functions. This code was
still in so my port was already taken. Without it I can now use
the socket functions.

Thanks

bye  Fabi