lwip-users

[lwip-users] memp_malloc out of memory in pbuf_pool, but stats don't ref

From: Ben Whitten
Subject: [lwip-users] memp_malloc out of memory in pbuf_pool, but stats don't reflect that.
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:23:54 +0000

Hi,
I have run into an problem while trying out lwIP and FreeRTOS on my STM3241G eval board. I am using the ST example project, in which I have upgraded lwIP from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 because I was experiencing occasional hardfaults. (And it is ancient)

I am still getting the hardfaults in memp_malloc after the not null check (which it passes).
When I turned on stats I see that I'm getting err's in memp_malloc for pbuf_pool (11).
memp_tab[11] is NULL however, memp[11] of 20 avail has 4 used, max 7.

The call to memp_malloc is when pbuf_malloc tries to allocate the head of the chain, so I don't think its a huge packet. pbuf_pool_bufsize is 500 and the length of the incoming appears to be 60.

This state occurs after approx 15minutes of idling on my network, with only one page serve at the start to check if its working.

Does anyone have any hints on where to dig to get to the root of this?

Cheers,
Ben