lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stuck in netconn_write()

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stuck in netconn_write()
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:55:28 +0100

Szymon Tarnowski wrote:
> Function netconn_write internally post request data to the lwip tasks and
> then enters infinite loop until lwip task finishes job.
> I am not sure about FreeRTOS under Cortex architecture, but I suspect that
> application task has higher priority and enters infinite loop, but
> scheduler never run lwip task. So lwip taks could not mark request as
> done,
> so application tasks is stuck in infinite loop.

Not exactly. What you describe by "infinite loop" is actually an OS wait call.
If that one doesn't lead to the scheduler telling the tcpip_thread to run,
there is something seriously wrong with the OS-part of the lwIP port.

However, in that priority constellation you can of course still lock out all
network traffic by programming an infinite loop yourself, so unless you really
require it to be like that, the tcpip_thread should have a higher prio, I guess.

Simon