lwip-users

[lwip-users] ping contrib example

From: chrysn
Subject: [lwip-users] ping contrib example
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:06:29 +0100

hi,

i'm having trouble with the apps/ping/ example from the contrib dir
(master branch, version e7723b2; lwip used is STABLE-1_4_1).

the environment i'm using is a test project for porting to enc28j60 on
efm32 (an arm cortex m3 chip) without operating system. before adding
the ping example, i could ping from the host to the device and get good
results back.

i've managed to include the ping example in my test project, and i can
ping from the device to my pc. but since i included ping, the other way
round doesn't work any more: the incoming package takes the "don't eat
the packet" path in the "else PING_USE_SOCKETS" (ie NO_SYS) branch's
ping_recv function, but seems not to be handled by the lwip stack as it
was before.

the approach taken in ping_recv looks right according to the description
in the raw_recv documentation -- the pbuf isn't freed, and 0 is
returned. my guess would be that the usual fall-through somehow doesn't
work because what usually responds to pings isn't just another
application but "builtin", but i'm pretty new to lwip so i can't really
tell.

is this a bug? a common misconfiguration? what can i do to find out?

thanks
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom