lwip-users

[lwip-users] ARP requests crashing stack

From: David Shmelzer
Subject: [lwip-users] ARP requests crashing stack
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 20:12:17 +0000

I'm having an issue where the lwIP stack stops responding completely after an
IPscan on the subnet is performed. This spews out a rapid series of ARP
requests which, I assume, is flooding the stack's ARP handler. It could be
something else causing, but I don't know what yet.

The stack stops responding because the Ethernet MAC stops generating interrupts.
lwIPstats() reports an ETHARP drop and lenerr which makes me think the MAC is
is not being serviced fast enough.
I'm using a modified STR9 demo from FreeRTOS with lwip 1.4.0.
My lwipopts.h settings are using the defaults for the most part.

Has anyone else ever had this issue?
Does it have to do with MAC interrupt servicing or the stack?

-Dave