lwip-users

[lwip-users] New send timeout function for netconn_wr ite in LwIP 1.4.1

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: [lwip-users] New send timeout function for netconn_wr ite in LwIP 1.4.1
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:38:04 +0100

Hi,

i'm just updating my projects to LwIP 1.4.1 and i've discovered that it now supports a send timeout for netconn_write. Just to be sure that i understand this correctly, i'd appreciate a feedback to these questions:

Actually i'm using the nonblocking feature before opening an outgoing TCP connection by setting:

  netconn_set_nonblocking(ssrv_netconn.conn, 1);

Is it correct that this call affects only the TCP connection setup and has no effect on the netconn_write calls?

To prevent the system from waiting in the netconn_write function in case there are actually no free buffers for the outgoing TCP data, i plan to call this line before the netconn_write:

  ssrv_netconn.conn->send_timeout=10;

Which should return the netconn_write call after 10ms without a chance to send the data into the LwIP stack with the err value "ERR_WOULDBLOCK".

Are my thoughts correct here, or is anything different?

Thanks!

Marco