lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP_HTTPD_FS_ASYNC_READ, LWIP_HTTPD_DYNAMIC_FILE_READ

From: Ben Stuyts
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP_HTTPD_FS_ASYNC_READ, LWIP_HTTPD_DYNAMIC_FILE_READ
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:57:17 +0100

Hi all,

While browsing the httpd sources I came across the LWIP_HTTPD_FS_ASYNC_READ and
LWIP_HTTPD_DYNAMIC_FILE_READ define. In fs.h I read for
LWIP_HTTPD_FS_ASYNC_READ: support asynchronous read operations (fs_read_async
returns FS_READ_DELAYED and calls a callback when finished). And for
LWIP_HTTPD_DYNAMIC_FILE_READ: support fs_read() to dynamically read file data.
Without this (default=off), only one-block files are supported, and the
contents must be ready after fs_open().

This sounds like something I could use to soften the ram requirements on my
http server when serving pages from a serial flash chip. Currently I'm copying
all open files into ram.

I looked for examples or log messages (in git) on how to use these feature, but
couldn't find any information. Google doesn't turn up anything either. So my
first question is: has this been tested and is it working? And the second
question: are there any examples?

Thanks!
Ben