lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IP6 address autoconfig problem when using hub

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IP6 address autoconfig problem when using hub
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 10:53:58 +0100

Zach Smith wrote:

I am having a problem when I connect my IPv6 device running lwip to a hub instead of a switch.

[..]

Since a hub forwards all packets received onto all ports it is echoing my devices neighbor discovery messages back.

I haven't had the chance to test lwIP on a hub, yet (we only have switches, all hubs were thrown away a long time ago...). However, if your hub really sends back all your frames, I guess IPv6 autoconfig will not be the only protocol having problems.

I think filtering out these packets in ethernetif_input as you suggested is the best solution.

Simon