lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with closing TCP socket

From: Carr, Anthony
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with closing TCP socket
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:40:15 +0000

Hi,

I am using lwIP 1.3.1 and have developed an application which has been running successfully for several months.

The application is a TCP server with the PC running as a client.

I have recently discovered a problem if the communications link is broken, either at the unit end or the PC, my unit fails to reconnect with the host when the link is re-established.

This seems to occur more readily if communications between the units was active at the time the link was broken.

I have a background timer running checking for communications inactivity which closes the TCP connection after a period of no communications.

Can anyone tell me how to correctly close the TCP connection cleanly, so that it can recover?

I am calling tcp_close( pcb ) routine, is this correct?

Why does the failure to reconnect seem to occur when communications are active?

TJ

Anthony Carr

Principal Electronics Engineer

Devlin Electronics Logo

 Unit D1, Grafton Way

 Basingstoke, Hampshire

 RG22 6HZ

 www.devlin.co.uk

  T: +44 (0)1256 467367

  F: +44 (0)1256 840048

  M:

  E: address@hidden

This email contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Devlin Electronics Limited, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended reciient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and/or the taking of any action based upon relieance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error; please notify the sender by retirun email and delete it from your system, If you require assistance please contact our sales office on +44 (0)1256 467367 or visit our website www.devlin.co.uk.