lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Error using sample LWIP applications [Ubuntu 10.10]

From: Erik Ekman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Error using sample LWIP applications [Ubuntu 10.10]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:46:23 +0100

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 18:29, Saket Chawla <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to LWIP and planning to do a project on tweaking TCP communication
> properties.
> For test purpose i choose to modify LWIP TCP/IP stack since understanding
> entire linux kernel would require much time and complexity.
>
> In the very beginning i am trying to compile the sample UDP application
> given along-with the code at (lwip-1.4.0/test/unit/udp) as test_udp.c
> I am on ubuntu 10.10. linux kernel 2.6.35-32

The code in test/ is not sample applications, but unit tests.
Currently there is no easy way to run them on Linux, but there is code
on the way. If you are looking for sample applications download the
contrib file (http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/contrib-1.4.0.zip)
and look in the ports/unix directory.

/Erik