lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Incoming packets not seen by lwip_select on second acce

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Incoming packets not seen by lwip_select on second accept
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:29:40 +0100

Ian Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
> This all works for the first connection.  The problem is that incoming
> packets are not "detected" by lwip_select for subsequent connections to
> the listener (after closing the first connection of course).
> [..]
> Is this something obvious? If not I will provide some code and wireshark
> and lwip debug logs.
>
> Any suggestions on the best lwip debug settings that would help detect
> where the problem is?

No obvious errors come to mind and I don't have any obvious debug settings for
you, either. If it helps, select relies on two things: a counter to know when
to wake threads (increased on rx packets, decreased when reading I think) and a
linked list of semaphores to wake the threads (there's only one thread in the
list for you). If there's something wrong in that code, select doesn't work
although you could actually read data.

It would highly help to know if just reading data works, i.e. if select isn't
working or if there's no data coming in. For that, you could set a receive
timeout and just call recv every time select times out.

Simon