lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fw: (no subject)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fw: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:05:37 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
but I would also hope that 1.4.0 would perform as well if not better without
zero-copy.
I certainly would hope so, too. Although there have been fixes which might add some opcodes, I wouldn't have expected it to be noticably slower than 1.3.2...
I think your packet captures have been held waiting for me to approve them as
the attachments are so large.  Perhaps you could get a smaller capture?  Or
upload them somewhere we can access them.  I don't really like forwarding many
megabytes to everyone on the mailing list.

Being able to compare the 1.4.0 behaviour to the 1.3.0 behaviour would probably
help too.
Again, agreed. I'd love to have a look at comparable packet captures, but an excerpt of 10 or 20 seconds (in the range of 100KBytes, I guess?) might probably be enough to see a difference?

Simon