lwip-users

[lwip-users] netbuf_delete failure in LwIP 1.3.0

From: farpart103
Subject: [lwip-users] netbuf_delete failure in LwIP 1.3.0
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:30:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LwIP users' forum,

I am using LwIP 1.3.0 on Altium's NanoBoard3000. This is an FPGA SoC
development board for those who are unfamiliar with the name. Anyway, I am
sending UDP packets from a PC to the nanoboard and the application works
just fine for MEMP_NUM_NETBUF - 1 packets. The data is received and the
application program acts on the data until MEMP_NUM_NETBUF - 1 packets have
been received. At this time the next call to netbuf_recv never returns. I
call netbuf_new at the beginning of the loop and netbuf_delete at the end of
the loop. If I understand the API reference correctly this should fulfill
the requirement of deleting the netbuf after use. Have I missed anything
here? Is there a known bug with netbuf_delete at this revision? If anyone
here can be of assistance, I will be greatly appreciative.

Cheers,

farpart103

P.S.  the code in question is available on request.