lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Porting with slip on cortex m3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Porting with slip on cortex m3
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:56:22 +0200

Hard Maker wrote:
Hi list,
I'm new with lwip. I'm not shure about how can port lwip to use slip on
cortex m3. I view the contrib package (zip file) but I can't find any
complete application as reference (main.c, arch/cc.h, etc).

There's currently no real hardware port available in the contrib module, as there are no developers volunteering to keep such a port maintained. Instead there is a unix/linux port and a win32 port. The unix port can be compiled using gcc/make and uses tun/tap devices for ethernet communication, while the win32 port has Visual Studio (2008, I think) project files.

Both ports *do* have main() functions in it, which shouldn't be too hard to spot searching through all files, even if the files they are in aren't called 'main.c'...

As a starter for a new port, have a look at the lwIP wiki.

Simon