lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwip 1.3.2

From: Magnus S
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with lwip 1.3.2
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:50:09 +0200

Hi,
Atmel has several example applications, and they include different versions of lwip.

I use Atmel AVR32 Studio version 2.6.0, and this IDE includes a number of example applications from the
"File->New->AVR example project" menu.
For example, there is a sample called "Control panel demo" that includes the lwip 1.3.0.

Also, there are example applications called "LWIP 1.3.2 example" and "LWIP 1.3.2 with DHCP" that include lwip 1.3.2.

In our case, we started with an lwip 1.3.0 sample. When 1.3.2 was released, we upgraded manually, instead of using the Atmel 1.3.2 example.

Simon, do you have more information about the Atmel driver problem?
Can you send a link to the possible fix? I did not find the right information when i searched.

Regards
/Magnus

2011/9/12 Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden>
Magnus S <address@hidden> wrote:
> we are using the Atmel drivers as distributed with the EVK1100 development
> board for the UC3A0512 MCU.

Which version are you using? The one I just download seems to only include lwIP 1.2.0 (which is about 5 years old now and has serious bugs). Also, from having a quick look at the sources, the driver included there should also not be too stable (as it calls into ARP from a wrong thread).

> There could be problem in the network driver, but then everyone using the
> Atmel driver could experience similar problems.

A quick google search yielded such problems (plus a possible fix), so it might well be a problem in the atmel port (or whatever port you are using - since you are using 1.3.2, not 1.2.0).

Simon