lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP Support - sethostaddr

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP Support - sethostaddr
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 13:26:13 +0100

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 16:05 -0500, Kyle Sweet wrote:
> 1) Can I just call sethostaddr() at any time, wihtout having to
> completely re-initialize the TCP/IP stack?
> 2) Would I then be running with the new IP Address?

I can't see a sethostaddr() function in lwIP, so not sure what you're
referring to.

> 3) If I have open sockets, would I need to close them first and
> re-open new sockets with the new IP address?

Yes, you would, as the remote host would continue to use the old IP
address and your wouldn't receive their datagrams.

As an example of changing the stack's IP address I would have thought
that looking at the DHCP implementation (although I appreciate that you
don't want to use DHCP) would be a good place to start.

Kieran