lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_d

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_disable()?
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 08:58:35 +0100

On 08/09/2011 22:22, address@hidden wrote:
> FreeRTOS Info wrote:
>> Umm.  I can describe the set up I have, if that helps.  Actually, the
>> code is all available here if you want to look at that...
>>
>> http://interactive.freertos.org/entries/20290712-freertos-win32-project-with-lwip-web-server
>>

>> ...but as far as I recall, the only modification I made was that in the
>> post you replied to before this.
> That took me a while...
>
> Funny, I loaded that ZIP file, added the disable_nagle call and it still
> loads slow, while it loads normally fast on my win32 test port.
> However, even with the same lwipopts.h, the FreeRTOS sim is not as fast...

The simulator is exactly that - it is running the FreeRTOS code, which
is normally real time, in a non real time windows environment.  It is
simulated in the sense that the only way to get the algorithms to run as
expected (for the correct task to run at the correct time, in the
correct sequence) is to have simulated time move much more slowly that
actual time.  If that makes sense.  I believe your port is just running
the lwIP stack as fast as it can, whereas the FreeRTOS simulator is
designed to allow you to develop and debug FreeRTOS code in a
"convenient" (?) environment, before moving it to a "real" environment.
 The lwIP stack being in a FreeRTOS task.  There is a bit more here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freertos/forums/forum/382005/topic/4693065

> BTW: sys_mbox_new() should assum standard values if size==0!

Could you elaborate on that point please?  Presumably there is something
in sysarch that needs changing.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org