lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Detail usage of ppp (address@hidden)

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Detail usage of ppp (address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:44:41 +1200

"Paul Archer" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:24 AM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
David Empson also already wrote some helpful hints on lwip-users around
two months ago, we could add a link to this mail (or some parts of it) to
the wiki:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2011-06/msg00036.html
I remember reading this post, and it seems that David Empson must have
spent a lot of time with the PPP internals. I was amazed at how helpful he
in trouble shooting giving it is a voluntary mailing list.

Thanks for the comments. I actually haven't spent a lot of time on the
internals of PPP, but I have a basic knowledge of LCP, have been working
with the underlying HDLC framing protocol for many years in other contexts,
and I have a good working knowledge of how CRCs operate. This allowed me to
spot the error quickly, but it took a little while to write up a detailed
and clear enough description of the issue.

Maybe I'll copy the first part of the post into the wiki, and add a
link for the mailing list, citing it as a good example of having to debug
PPP.

Fine with me.