lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP TCP reset, sequence number bug?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP TCP reset, sequence number bug?
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:45:32 +0200

Matias Mandell <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I'm really sorry that I bother you by sending a personal email but
> you seem to be involved in the LwIP development and this is such a
> small
> bug.

Nevertheless, I'm not the only developer/user, and others might be interested
in this, too, so please always send mails as this one to one of the lists. It's
not the "bothering me" but the fact that other people might gain something from
reading this, too.

>     Is there a sequence number bug at TCP reset? According to RFC the
> sequence number should not be increased by one on reset.
>
>     I think the "+1" should be removed from tcp_listen_input() call
>     tcp_rst(ackno + 1, seqno + tcplen,

Funny that you found that just now: we discovered this bug just last week and I
fixed it yesterday. If you want the fix but don't want to use a git version,
just remove the " + 1" in your code.

Simon