lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP pcb matching

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP pcb matching
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:34:14 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
Apologies for the late reply, and thanks for sending in this fix.
Another example of why bug reports should be sent to the bugtracker, not to this list (or lwip-devel)!
Can you clarify what goes wrong in the existing code.  Is it that we are
delivering it to one PCB when you're hoping it will got to lots of PCBs?
Or is it that we're delivering it to the wrong PCB?
From reading the fix and knowing the code, I guess such broadcasts can be passed to the wrong pcb if multiple pcbs are bound to the same port but different local IP. Without the check added in the fix, incoming broadcast-IP packets for that port are probably sent to the wrong pcb (the one first in the queue).
Getting a bug filed for this on savannah (if it hasn't already) would be
very helpful as otherwise they're likely to get forgotten.
Exactly.

Simon