lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking I/O in lwip

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking I/O in lwip
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:57:35 +0200

Francesco Sacchi <address@hidden> wrote:
> While we are waiting to upgrade to 1.4, is there anything we can do in
> order to limit the memory occupation of a sending socket?
>
> I played with TCP_MSS, TCP_SND_BUF and TCP_SND_QUEUELEN options without
> luck.

That should have done it though:
- TCP_SND_BUF limits the number of unacked bytes queued on a connection and
- TCP_SND_QUEUELEN limits the number of pbufs in that queue

Uunless using the TCP_OVERSIZE code of 1.4.0, one call to tcp_write() leads to
enqueueing 1 pbuf (when the copy-flag is given) or 2 pbufs (when the copy flag
is not given).

Simon