lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Reconnect issue

From: Per Klint
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Reconnect issue
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:30:32 +0200

Kieran Mansley <kieran @recoil.org> wrote:
> SO_ REUSEADDR should be another way to avoid the problem.
> If that's not working for you I would investigate that.

Yes and after Simons input on why it differs it sounds like
SE_ REUSEADDR is the way forward.

> Finally, you could also work around it by not repeatedly closing
> and re-opening the listening socket.  Just leave it open and
> don't accept things (or even remove it from your select set) when
> you're not ready to handle another connection.

I tested that earlier and it worked... unfortunately this needs
some extra bytes of RAM and I don't have too much to play with.
We will have up to around 15 active TCP-connections in a small
micro controller, so we need to be as greedy as we can on
everything regarding RAM usage.

Thank you very much for your fast reply and input!

/// Per