lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] CORE_LOCKING

From: timmy brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] CORE_LOCKING
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:26:09 -0700

Yes, people most certainly use more than one of those APIs in the same project.
tcpip_input is used by everyone, obviously.
It also makes sense to use both netconn and netifapi in the same project.

Getting CORE_LOCKING working reliably on all interfaces, and get rid of the message passing altogether, would be great. I can't agree more.
But there is lots of work to be done on CORE_LOCKING in the socket interface, and there has been almost no progress at all made on CORE_LOCKING for years..
I think that the consesus some time back was that it would be best to write a completely new socket implementation with CORE_LOCKING, rather than adapt the current socket implementation.

I think that code which is not used, will not be improved/maintained very well either.
By making the CORE_LOCKING option individually configurable on a API basis, people can start using CORE_LOCKING on those APIs where it already is in decent shape.

Regards,
Timmy Brolin