lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP example for Luminary Micro LM39B90 MCU - debug hel

From: Martin Velek
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP example for Luminary Micro LM39B90 MCU - debug help
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:43:52 +0200

Hi,

>> What kind of FreeRTOS - Luminary(TI) porting example are you using?
>
> enet_lwip - TI's library is designed for SafeRTOS. I ported it to
> FreeRTOS, which have a little different API.

TI does not provide adaptation layer for lwip option - #define NO_SYS
0 (I do not think sys_arch.c. It means you have to write FreeRTOS
ethernet driver + lwip by yourself). That's the reason I would like to
see the source code to inspect it. Your code uses netconn_*, I think
you have to define NO_SYS to 0.

>> Could you more explain "crashes in tcpip_thread."?
>
> Hard fault exception. This was a very stupid bug. I commented out
> a very vital line - semaphore deallocation. After 150-200 semaphore
> allocations MCU ran out of memory, causing the stack overwrite.

Is your problem solved? Be careful, the internal lwip memory allocator
is not capable of allocation-deallocation of memory.  See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freertos/forums/forum/382005/topic/3372370

>> Can you send your FreeRTOS ethernet driver + LWIP adaptation layer?
>
> Sure. I'm not sure about this list policy - can I  attach it, or you
> expect a link to FTP?

Yes, you can attach it. Maybe someone in the future will meet a similar problem.

Regards,
Martin