lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is there and 'ping' function?

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is there and 'ping' function?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:47:11 +0800

On 19 April 2011 13:31, Iwan Budi Kusnanto <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 10:45 AM, Steven Woody wrote:
>>
>> On 19 April 2011 10:20, LI Zhong<address@hidden>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes ,you can find the ping thread in simhost.c , if you want to ping
>>> other IP address by lwIP , you have to use this thread ,and if you want to
>>> ping lwIP by your PC, you can use ping command in command line ,the lwIP
>>> will receive your request ping package and send the echo package .The code
>>> in icmp.c (void icmp_input(struct pbuf *p, struct netif *inp)).
>>
>> simhost.c? I did not find the file in the source tree.
>>
> You can find simhost.c in the repository.
> ./contrib/ports/unix/proj/unixsim/simhost.c

Don't know why, but I always has a connection problem with the cvs repository.

$ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/lwip co contrib
cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.savannah.nongnu.org(140.186.70.72):2401 f
ailed: Connection timed out

I hope someone can tell me why.  But I still can see, by check out the
web links, in simhost.c, the usage of 'ping' is implemented as an
application layer sample.  So, the high level 'ping' service is anyhow
not in the lwIP.   Am I right in this?

Best Regards,
woody