lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multiple network adapters

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multiple network adapters
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:58:47 +0100

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 21:42 +0100, Adam Fullerton wrote:

> Unless the network interfaces are on different subnets lwIP sends the
> data
> to the last interface added with "netif_add". The function ip_route
> always
> returns a pointer to the first  interface (last on the list) that
> matches
> the desintation IP address & mask.
>
> Should it not send it to the network interface that the destination IP
> address is attached to? This is either a bug in lwIP or I don't know
> what I
> am doing! Can anyone help?

If they're on the same subnet that suggests packets can reach the
correct destination by using either interface and so lwIP is free to use
whichever it likes.  Could you give an example of how the interfaces are
configured (IP addresses and netmasks) and the address you're trying to
send to to illustrate the problem?

Kieran