lwip-users

[lwip-users] disconnect - connect delay

From: brak brak2
Subject: [lwip-users] disconnect - connect delay
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:59:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm developing a HTTP server using the lwIP with only one connection available at the time (I set MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB to 1) on the Stellaris LM3S6965. The program works fine, but I have very long delays between closing one connection and establishing a second one, but only when the second one is waiting for connection before first one closes.

The problem appears only then I try to make a second connection when the first one is still active. The second connection is waiting for ACK - just as I want it - until first connection closes. But when the first connection ends, the second one is still waiting for more or less 2 - 3 seconds. After this 2 - 3 seconds the second connection is establishing.

How to handle this correctly? How to make a second connection establish as soom as the first one closes?

Now when I downloading website from the lwIP HTTP server waitting time for establishing connection is about 3 seconds for each website element.

Log from firebug shows that waiting time is much longer then downloading time:
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/7383/lwipproblem.png

I found this:
http://old.nabble.com/Slow-release-time-of-closed-TCP-PCBs-td24077502.html
but I changed TCP_MSL to 600U, TCP_KEEPINTVL_DEFAULT o 7500UL, TCP_FIN_WAIT_TIMEOUT to 200 and TCP_SYN_RCVD_TIMEOUT to 200 and it doesn't change anything!

PS
I use callback functions conn_established and conn_closed to measure connection and disconnection time.

Best regards
Tomasz