lwip-users

[lwip-users] ARP during UDP transfers

From: Roger Cover
Subject: [lwip-users] ARP during UDP transfers
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:14:02 -0700

Greetings List,

After researching the source code for a while I have determined that lwIP will
queue one UDP packet when the ARP table entry for its destination times out,
and then drop subsequent UDP packets until the ARP reply is processed (I have
ARP_QUEUEING set to 1). My question is: what is the appropriate method for my
application to detect that this has happened so it can ensure that no UDP
packets are dropped in the stack? I would prefer to have my application suspend
its UDP transmissions while the ARP traffic is being resolved.

Regards,
Roger W. Cover
Spectral Instruments, Inc.
420 N. Bonita Ave.