lwip-users

[lwip-users] bind and ip_route

From: Emil Ljungdahl
Subject: [lwip-users] bind and ip_route
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:53:49 +0200

Hi all

I’m struggling with lwIP in a multihomed setup (2 physical interfaces, A and B). Both interfaces are connected to a LAN with a default gateway as the only route per interface.

If I bind to a port and IP-address of interface B and receives (for example) a HTTP connection request, the reply might be sent on interface A, since ip_route only selects interface depending on destination address. I’m not the guy to tell what is wrong and what is right regarding the IP-stack, but shouldn’t a netconn/socket/pcb that is bound to a local address, that is “owned” by a local netif, only use that netif for both rx and tx?

--

Best regards

Emil Ljungdahl