lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 88, Issue 15

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 88, Issue 15
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:28:30 +0000

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 10:12 -0500, Chen wrote:

> Also attached is lwipopts.h, and I checked a few times, and believed
> I specify a decent tx buffer.
>
> /* TCP sender buffer space (bytes). */
> #define TCP_SND_BUF             30000
>
> Maybe you can point out my mistake in the setting, or maybe there is
> an error in lwip that ignores such setting.

Your buffer size and TCP_SND_QUEUELEN look fine.

Which API are you using? If netconn or sockets API then this is probably
limiting you:

#define MEMP_NUM_NETBUF         3

You also have a relatively small value for this (although clearly this
isn't your current limiting factor):

/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG: the number of simultaneously queued TCP segments.
*/
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        9

I would suggest using the LWIP_STATS code to see which resources are
reaching their maximum, and adjusting appropriately.

Thanks

Kieran