lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Length of the packet from low_level_input()

From: Paul Archer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Length of the packet from low_level_input()
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:15:21 +1100

> That's correct. lwIP does not check or creat the FCS, nor does it care for
> padding. Both have to be handled by the driver or hardware (as do many MACs I
> know).

Thanks for confirming this. It allowed me to be confident I had some
other problems. (I am set up sending and receiving packets now)

I have a follow up question, now that I am sending and receiving
packets, I am wondering what sort of locking I need to provide on my
driver. Can two threads enter into the low_level() functions? (I am
running lwip with an OS, with a socket based model, and I am using an
Ethernet RX worker task that will run after an RX interrupt)

I think this should be added to the documentation as the description
about the length of packets is rather slim. I don't mind editing the
wiki if no one has objections.

Regards Paul