lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] get dynamic ip on lwip-1.4.0.rc1

From: PHAM ANH THIEN
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] get dynamic ip on lwip-1.4.0.rc1
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:29:42 +0700

hi Simon,

Do you mean i need to install callback tcpip_init_done, which call dhcp_start, at tcpip_init calling and once tcpip_thread starts tcpip_init_done-->dhcp_start ?

thanks,
Thien

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

 PHAM ANH THIEN <address@hidden> wrote:

> i also got tcpip_thread running before i call these one,
If tcpip_thread is running before you call these functions, I do hope you are calling these functions from tcpip_thread and not from another thread!
> So i think it need a dhcp timer is installed during dhcp start so that when timeout happen but till not get DHCP_ACK status it will call dhcp_discover again.
That's exactly what the tcpip_thread does for you. The discover packet should be resent after some seconds. Maybe there's an issue with your port regarding timers?

Simon