lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] 1.4.0.rc1: How to use netconn-API for non-blocking conn

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] 1.4.0.rc1: How to use netconn-API for non-blocking connect?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:36:31 +0100

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 13:21 +0200, Benjamin Schelte wrote:

> Can anybody give me a hint, where I can dig to find out if it is
> either a
> problem of the lwIP stack in general or a problem of my port.

Your code seems a bit odd - perhaps this is just the way that you've
abbreviated it for your post but:

 - you're adding an unconnected socket to the writeset, and then calling
select to wait for it to be writeable.   Why?  It's not connected, and
so won't be writeable until you call lwip_connect() so any call before
then will timeout as you're seeing.

 - the following use of select, after you've written to it and are
waiting for the reply makes much more sense, but you don't seem to have
anything in "fd_readset", so this will probably time out as well.

 - I can't remember with select whether the timeout structure is updated
on return.  If so you might need to reset the values in tv before each
call.

Kieran