lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] is this a reentrancy problem with LWIP ver 1.3.1?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] is this a reentrancy problem with LWIP ver 1.3.1?
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 16:23:23 +0100

On 3 Sep 2010, at 23:49, shogun wrote:

> Can someone tell me if this is a reentrancy issue?  If I send data too fast
> on a socket and the stack is still sending the data and I make another call
> to send more data, will that cause a problem?

It's not clear from your email what the problem you're seeing is.  What
behaviour do you expect?  Is it just that the performance is lower than you're
hoping?  If you send faster than lwIP can get packets onto the network then
getting a memory error after a few sends is what I'd expect.  You just need to
try again later.  There shouldn't be any re-entrancy issues.

Kieran