lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Function send

From: Martin Persich
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Function send
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:24:27 +0200

Hi Oscar,
there is not buffer for outgoing pckets in LwIP, I think. LwIP "send" function only store packet data to MACB DMA buffer "pcTxBuffer" (file "macb.c", function "lMACBSend") - if there is free descriptor "xTxDescriptors[]", in other case function waiting for release - and then return. Transmitting process to ethernet line is asynchronous and is controlled by MACB unit & DMA in AVR32 and depend on type of connected ethernet devices (hub / switch, half duplex / full duplex,  ...)
Best Regards
Martin Persich