lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Closing idle connections, recovering memory

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Closing idle connections, recovering memory
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:28:23 +0200

Mike Kleshov wrote:
On 22 April 2010 14:46, Simon Goldschmidt<address@hidden>  wrote:
There's already a working (raw-API-)httpd in the contrib module in CVS, so
unless you have specific needs, there's no need to write your own. And even if
you do, its source is a good example to write your own.
Yep, I've seen it. My specific needs are HTTP Digest Authentication
and POST support for form data. I already have all of that. I am
rewriting my implementation, the initial one is rather messy. I am
adding persistent connections support and using protothreads to make
the code more readable. Arbitrary-length input pbuf's are supported.
Just for information: The CVS httpd already supports POST and multi-pbuf requests (and digest-auth would be nice, too). However, I've been getting used to callback-style programming, not only with lwIP, so (this is my very own personal opinion!) I don't think protothreads are necessary to make the server's code more readable. Aside from that, it's a shame we seem to have been working on the same without sharing the effort... :-( Anyway, I'd be happy to have a look at your code once it's ready and copy the digest auth for the CVS httpd if you allow me to! ;-)
If the code doesn't end up too ugly, I'll probably post it somewhere
eventually.
For that, we could add a download area to the wiki for lwIP applications, just like we have one for drivers already.

Simon