lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem PPP Config Info

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem PPP Config Info
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:12:23 +0200

Nicolas Dioli wrote:
> Hello,
> i don't understand a part of the code when ppp wants check the peer's
> requested CIs and send appropriate response.
> In function "lcp_reqci()" of "lcp.c".
> I don't understand the condition:
>
>   u_char *p;                  /* Pointer to next char to parse */
> [...]
>      if (l < 2 ||        /* Not enough data for CI header or */
>          p[1] < 2 ||     /*  CI length too small or */
>          p[1] > l) {     /*  CI length too big? */
>
> the pointer *p is not initialized previously. So, ppp send a config
> reject to the modem and never check the incoming config info.
> Is this check important? Can i remove it? Is there an init to do (
> memset, malloc)?
>
> During my debug:
> l=0x18
> p: can't acess to memory

Can't help you there. Our PPP code is taken from the "original" open source ppp
(http://ppp.samba.org/), version 2.3.11 plus some backported bugfixes from
later versions. You could take a look at lcp.c of the current version of that
distribution (2.4.5, I think), to see if the code is the same there. If so, you
could ask them for help. If not, we can change our code to what they did.

Simon