lwip-users

[lwip-users] sending from pre-built buffers using TCP sockets

From: Tyrel Newton
Subject: [lwip-users] sending from pre-built buffers using TCP sockets
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:44:24 -0800

For TCP sockets, it appears the socket send function (lwip_send) sends the user-specified buffer by copying it to internally allocated buffers contained within the lwIP stack. Is this a correct statement? And is it possible to send a user-specified buffer by referencing the buffer directly when using TCP sockets? Or would I have to drop down to the netconn level and use it directly? I believe the answer is 'no' because the lwip_send function appears to always pass the NETCONN_COPY flag to the netconn_write function.

Thanks,

Tyrel