lwip-users

[lwip-users] close(), TIME_WAIT and bind()

From: Stéphane Lesage
Subject: [lwip-users] close(), TIME_WAIT and bind()
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 23:15:08 +0100

Hi,

In my LwIP device, I want to serve only one connection, so basically I do:

while (1)
{
trytolisten:
 l = socket();
 if (bind(l) < 0)   { close(l); sleep(10 ms); goto trytolisten }
 listen(l, 1);
 s = accept();
 close(l);
 [...]
 close(s);
}

1. When the peer closes the connection, there is no problem.

2. When my device closes the connection:

This was working fine, except for sometimes, when the connection was not yet really closed, and the bind() fails only once.

Now (CVS head), whenever my device closes the connection, I cannot bind() for exactly 2 minutes because the last connection stays in TIME_WAIT...

I tried to remove the shutdown related code, without success.

What happened recently ???

--
Stephane