lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_connect() non-blocking?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_connect() non-blocking?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:12:24 +0000

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 11:43 +0100, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
> My idea would be to use CVS HEAD, as I have implemented non-blocking
> connect last week. But be warned that there have been *many* changes
> since 1.3.2 and just updating the sources won't work, you'd have to
> update your port, too.

Something that's been in the back of my mind recently is that we should
work on a guide to updating ports from 1.3.2 to 1.4.0 at the same time
as we make the changes to the source.  Trying to write this guide just
before 1.4.0 is released will be much harder.  So far, as Simon has been
careful to keep the example ports in contrib up to date, the commit logs
there form a rough indication of what needs doing.

I've been wondering how we can do this without making it becoming a
chore or getting in the way of development.

Kieran