lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Window size for large data reception

From: Myk
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Window size for large data reception
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:07:45 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the reply.

In theory, the receiver should have a large window, and the LwIP server
can control transmissions, but the problem I had was the large amount
of retransmission requests for a file upload (large data transmission to
server).

Setting TCP_WND = TCP_MSS fixed the problem, since the browser only
sent 1 packet and then waited for an ACK, rather than sending 2 packets
at one time before getting an ACK, and the TCP stack not coping.

Why does the receiver need a large window?  The browser seem to behave well
with the window size.