lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Socket read/write and threads

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Socket read/write and threads
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:28:38 +0100

Yoav Nissim wrote:
> The porting and IF init code is the best place to start. AFAIK:
> 1. The call from your Rx thread should not call ethernetif_input()
> directly. It should call netif->input() - which in turn is initialized
> to tcpip_input() when you call netif_add().

Hmm, did you confuse ethernetif_input() with ethernet_input() here (not the
missin 'if')? ethernetif_input() is the netif's internal input function which
may be called in the rx thread. This function in turn should then *not* call
ethernet_input() but netif->input().

The rest seems OK. Although I never tried to give tcpip_thread a higher prio
than the ethernet rx thread, it should still work...

Simon