lwip-users

[lwip-users] Does Lwip manages sliding window ?

From: Yann Suisini
Subject: [lwip-users] Does Lwip manages sliding window ?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:01:19 +0000

Hello ,

Currently I'm using the KEIL TCPnet stack on my system (ARM LPC23xx) .
It's working well on a LAN with low latency (about 650KB/s on the embedded ftp server with SD card access).
But I can only send frames one at one , waiting for an ACK before I can send another frame .
So with high ping about 300ms on a intercontinental connection , I  get this :

1500 bytes sent
300ms before ack
1500 bytes sent
300ms for ACK...

So the max I get in this case is about 3.5 KB/s  !!!

I would replace this stack by Lwip but I would know if I cand send more than one frames before waiting for an ACK
in order to optimize use of the bandwith. So , does Lwip manges tcp windowing ?

thanks in advance !

Yann.

Découvrez toutes les possibilités de communication avec vos proches