lwip-users

re: [lwip-users] AutoIP/link-local status?

From: address@hidden
Subject: re: [lwip-users] AutoIP/link-local status?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:39:32 +0100

Alex Broadhead wrote:
> > DHCP), and running, I do (eventually) get an address,
> > presumably from autoip.  It takes two minutes (every
> > time), and it's always 169.254.23.0 (the .0 at the end
> seems strange, but is apparently legal?).  So far, so
> > good-ish.

That address is OK.
Valid AUTOIP addresses are 169.254.x.y, where 1<=x<=254. y=0
is fine.

> > Entering 169.254.23.0 into the list of  specified
> > addresses and trying to connect directly using TCP/IP,
> > accept() never unblocks, which would seem to indicate
> > that no packets are making it to the Blackfin.  Again,
> > this method works flawlessly when not using  an autoip
> > supplied address.

The IP address of the PC must be on the same network, i.e. a
valid AUTOIP address. Modern operating systems configured
for "automatic" IP address assignment use AUTOIP when DHCP
fails, but you should check that.

If still it doesn't work, sniff with Wireshark and see
what's actually going on the wire.

Luca