lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP mem leak with accumalated unacked messages

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP mem leak with accumalated unacked messages
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:34:40 +0100

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 19:50 -0700, schneiderham wrote:

> Although I am happy to just build with MEMP_SANITY_CHECK I am sure this is a
> band-aid.  Does anyone have any ideas why this could fix my memory leak?

It can't be a real fix.  It's hard for anyone else to debug this sort of
thing as we don't have access to the system that is causing the
problems.  I can only suggest adding more assertions and debug code to
verify that memory is freed properly.  Could you, for example, scribble
a known sequence to memory when you free it, and then once the leak has
occurred dump all your memory and work out which bits have not been
freed correctly, and work back from there to see where they came from?
Could you use the lwIP stats (perhaps with some additions) to track down
which type of memory is being leaked?

The fact that the leak depends on the packet rate is very odd, and
doesn't bode well for a simple solution!

Kieran